Tuesday 4 November 2008

Powerbrain

The imagination of some people I know just totally blows my mind. This is a perfect example.

We were elaborating upon this really bizarre stream of consciousness I'd had about acts of vigilanteism in his apartment block and as a method of punishment he reminded me about the boo box. Remember that, from Hook? Well instead of throwing in a scorpion (as, like he reminded me, there aren't many of those to hand) he said that a handful of earwigs (something I don't think I've heard mentioned since primary school, when they were the essence of all things fearsome) would go in instead. And you'd lie on a bed of old teabags. Instead of a bed of nails, which is what any other person would choose. But no, his strange imagination just leapfrogged over such obvious sources of discomfort and landed on something that took a few moments to realise was totally horrendous. And he did it in a flash. He is truly bizarre.

No comments: