Sunday 5 October 2008

5 August 2008



Last night we went to Mystic Hot Springs in Monroe, Utah, which belongs to this hippie who used to be a film maker and illustrator for the Grateful Dead. There are two massive pool type things which the water just flows into.

We made dinner, set up tents then went into the tubs at about 10pm. The sky was perfectly clear so we had the most incredible view of the stars. Because there's very little unnatural light we could see the haze of the milky way. I stayed in until about midnight, and got out feeling the most relaxed I've ever been. The word sedate doesn't cut it. That night was the first I'd spent in the tent, and it was nice to have my own space after sleeping with my face right up in someone else's feet for several nights.

This morning we're driving to Kodachrome via the Hard Rock Candy Mountain, where we're stopping for ice cream. Tonight is the last night with some members of the trip which is a bummer.

No comments: