Tuesday 21 October 2008

Learning.

Today I have my first driving lesson in over a year. I called my sister and asked her how to do it, and I'm pretty certain she gave me incorrect instructions. Apparently I keep the clutch down all the time I'm in first. I'm sure that's not how I did it before. I told her I'd found out this afternoon.

I hope my new instructor thinks it appropriate to inform me whether I'll be driving a diesel car or not. My last instructor didn't think this was essential info, and couldn't work out why I was stalling all the time. Despite not being even vaguely familiar with cars, let alone the differences between petrol and diesel, it was me who asked her, "Umm...this isn't a diesel car, is it?". "Ohhh." She did, however, have some plus points: she kept a bag of murray mints in the car, and didn't have the corpse breath my previous instructor insisted on maintaining. That was my primary reason for finding a new instructor. One can only take so many two-hour sessions breathing through the mouth.

Anyway, I'm hoping to pass my test after about 4 hours. I've had plenty of practice - I drove (erratically) a golf cart all summer, and Amy taught me how to reverse after we went to the cinema one time.

No comments: