Thursday 23 October 2008

Experiments

I've given the whole driving lesson debacle some thought, and think that rather than being a complete fuck, my instructor was using me as a guinea pig in experimental driving instruction.

Rather than responding with the due patience and calm demeanour I expected, he would just get irrationally angry when I got things wrong, which, despite the fact that I hadn't been behind the wheel in 15 months, didn't happen all that much. I learned jack, naturally, but having thought about it I think that maybe if I carried on learning with him, I might get so used to being told off when I do things wrong that I'll get scared I'm going to get shouted at (he also had a habit of clapping his hands together and saying 'bang' rather a lot when I messed up), and will drive perfectly.

But I don't like pets, and I don't fancy much being a test animal for his Pavlovian driving lessons.

No comments: