Monday 22 September 2008

Day 3 in NY



Today was fun, we started by meeting at MoMA (big momma), stayed there for a couple of hours, saw two really ace Bacon paintings and some Lichtensteins I hadn't seen before, then headed out to get some lunch. We went to a cafe near 5th Ave and had burritos and fountain Dr. Pepper - amazing. Dr. P never fails to rock my world. It's actually my favourite drink. Afterwards we walked around for quite a while, went into some shops (including Bloomingdales - USA department stores continue to disappoint) and walked around Soho and the Meat Packing district. They were two very distinct areas, the latter especially - it felt like we had left the city. We had a drink in a rather posh restaurant, checked email in the Apple store then ate a pretty crap dinner at a diner.



Feeling full, we went back to MoMA to watch this film, it was weird, but a bit interesting. After it had finished we walked to Times Square, had NY cheesecake, took some night time photos then said goodnight. Tomorrow we're meeting at Barneys, then Alice is leaving at noon, Ed later. I am a bit nervous at them leaving because it's nice to have company, but I think I'll be fine. I have bought a copy of Time Out and am going to make a plan.

No comments: