Monday 22 September 2008

Day 5 in NY

Another exhausting day. Had a bit of a lie-in (up at 9am), then got up and went to the Natural History Museum. It was good - better than the London one. I saw a cool showing of a film about collisions in space in the museum planetarium.
From New York

From New York


Next I looked for some lunch, and decided to try the Burger Joint at Le Parker Meridien. Waited 30 minutes in line, almost on the verge of fainting, only to find it was cash only. Scumbags. I went to Hooters.

The Burger Joint is behind this big red velvet curtain in the lobby and while I was in line nobody came out - it was a lot like a David Lynch set. After lunch I trekked to Coldstone (I'm hooked) then down to the Jewish Heritage Museum near Battery Park. I arrived an hour before closing so, on the advice of a woman workin there, blew it off and did a round trip on the FREE Staten Island Ferry. It was pretty ace - I got a great view of the city and the Statue.

From New York


That done, I headed to the Met which was ok, but not amazing, then walked down 5th to the Apple store to check my email, etc. I got back to the hostel at 9.30pm, exhausted!

From New York


I am enjoying it here, but I don't think it's sunk in that I'm actually in NY, the place I've always wanted to go to. I think after camp it feels so hard to properly relax, especially since I want to fit so much in. Tomorrow I'm going to chill.

No comments: